CPSIA Screening and the role of Quickshot XRF Analyzers
See how simple the Quickshot XRF analyzer is to use in this video demonstration.
It has been noted on several websites and reports we have read that the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) uses Handheld XRF Analyzers. The agency began using the device when highly publicized product recalls took place; recalls that eventually lead to the CPSIA law. The CPSC has noted that XRF is a great device for screening products for lead and heavy elements such as cadmium and chromium. The technology is, again, only used as a screening device with laboratory testing being performed on any questionable items.
Until recently, when reviewing x-ray fluorescence analyzers, companies only had two or three instrument lines to choose from. However, Quickshot XRF now offers a low-cost alternative to those analyzer lines with the release of the QSX-HH Handheld XRF with easy to navigate HS-Software Package for consistent and accurate detection of hazardous substances. Also, with our various XRF rental plans, companies can use a system for short term needs or rent the technology to confirm that the investment will be beneficial to their organization for the long-term (we provide 100% credit of rental fees to purchase price of systems).
Some organizations currently using our system for CSPIA Screening include:
- Sporting Good Manufacturers
- Cosmetics Manufacturers and Importers
- Clothing/Accessories Manufacturers and Importers
- Arts and Crafts Suppliers
Feel free to contact Quickshot XRF if you have questions on the QSX-HH for hazardous substance screening or would like to discuss the CPSIA and how it may affect your organization. We look forward to offering solutions to your needs.
Related Material and Readings:
- CPSC Release (06/11): feasability of testing at sub-100ppm levels in consumer goods
* details the variability of lead content within a single component/part
- Playthings Magazine notes the Quickshot XRF Rental Option
- Toy Industry Association statement of XRF technology (with CPSIA Resource Page)